Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dirt Storm



Hi,
We're still digging out from the dust storm (more like dirt) yesterday. Everything today has a dusty smell and just feels gritty. Luckily, they usually only last a day at a time!! A cold front moved in and the wind was gusting up to 48 mph. And no, our sky usually isn't brown, and that is the sun!!



On a high note I've got my lace weight in to start my "Butterflies in the Garden" shawl entry for the contest that LittleKnits is sponsoring!! I thought about a garden when I saw the colors in this yarn. They're like the colors in the Iris flowers I love, purples, greens, just beautiful. The name of the yarn is Trenna and it's 50% merino wool and 50% silk and is absolutely wonderful!! I know that winding the ball doesn't count as a start, but.......




I finished the husband's Wallaby last night and now he has a sweater to wear when he goes for his early morning golf games. Or will have for awhile longer this year!! LOL. It was supposed to be for his birthday on the 12th, but better late than never. DD bought the yarn and I did the knitting. It's a Hobby Lobby yarn "I Love This Yarn" and that's really the name. It's really soft and worked up well, which is a lot more than I can say for most of their store brands!!

Well, back to my pencil and pad and getting a pattern knocked out for this shawl!!!

No comments: