Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthdays, you gotta have them!!

I just finished mine yesterday!! The wonderful friends I've met on Ravelry made it one to remember!!!

This cake is from Sadie (sitnknit). She's having internet problems and emailed this one to me!!! Don't you love cakes that will never go stale and have absolutely NO calories to feel guilty about!!!! She's a one of a kind lady and I'm lucky to get to call her my friend!!!


These two are from cspooks!!! A moderator on the Luau Lounge on Ravelry!! That's a really great place to just hang around!!! I'm mainly a lurker, but I have loads of fun doing just that!!! My Ravelry name is thispiggyknits and the piggy cake is actually eating the cake in the original!!!! Now how she knew that I was a Trekkie from the 60's I don't know!!!! I can say I LOVE them both!!


These wonderful cupcakes are from guppygirl!! Again NO calories!!! I couldn't have picked better sweets!!!! LOL!!
Add to these multiple Happy Birthdays from Ravelry friends and it made for a really special day!!
And to top it all, my number 3 son actually called on my birthday!!!! I was sooooo glad that I was sitting down!! He never remembers!! On the other hand, my DD forgot!!! Now he's finally one up on her!! LOL!! She's number 4 in the children order and they have this competition going since just about the day she was born!!! LOL!!
On the knitting front, I'm still working on my blocks!! So it may be next week for the rest of the pictures. :( I have had a real problem staying focused on this one. I think that next one I'll mix up the blocks and do a really complicated pattern selection!! I just got in all the Great American Afghan series and may use blocks from them...... back to knitting plain squares!! I wanted this one to be simple to follow to make it easy for even a beginner to be able to have a great afghan!!
I'm also getting to do a test knit on a new shawl pattern!! Glorious lace!!!! My addiction!!!! LOL!!
:D Carla



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I missed your birthday. I am so sorry. Belated felicitations and a huge hug!!!