Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No, I'm not dead!! Just my camera!!

Hi again!! I'm really not amongst the dead, just have had a dead camera for months now!! :( I've been dying to get back to taking pictures and sharing!! I've started on a pillow-ghan that I'm going to be sharing the pattern step by step in pictures!! I've got a good bit more knitting to do before that happens, so bear with me!!

Since I've been gone I've got quiet a few projects finished, so here comes bunches of pictures!!!


This monster is what I'm working on right now!! I sent DH to Michaels to buy yarn for a contest on Lion Brand website for Vanna's choice yarn. I told him how many and left the colors up to him!! He brought home yellow, green and blue. My thoughts went to sunshine, trees, water!! Pictures of the Oregon coast popped into my head. This is the celtic knot that I used for the sun and the trees and the start of the water. It's now up to over 600 stiches per row, so it's going to be awhile before it's a FO!! (there a lot more "water" done)





This is an "experiment". I had some Red Heart designer sport left from making a friend a sweater for Christmas and just wanted to play. This is what came out. I've got plans to do this in lace weight and it's probably going to be posted on this blog when I can tweak the pattern. It went to Canada as a prayer shawl!!




This is my Autumn in New York from Bad Cat Designs

http://badcatdesigns.blogspot.com/
I love this pattern and it's soooo easy to follow!! She's one talented Kitty!!!! She's got a new pattern out right now, Ojo de Dios, that I'm stalking yarn shops for!! She just took it to TNNA for Jade Sapphire and it hasn't hit the market yet, but it's on her blog!! This one went out as a prayer shawl too!! I think that Ojo de Dios would be a perfect prawer shawl.... what better than "Eye of God" for a name for a prayer shawl!!??!!




A sweater for the DD for her Christmas.... Looks like she's having fun, huh?? This was a test knit and as soon as the designer gives the O.K. I'll give all the details!!






A pair of socks for ME!! This is Aquarius, I got the pattern on Ravelry and can't remember the rest!! I also got the wonderful yarn from DebInAtlanta on Ravelry as a Random Act of Kindness!!!! I've lost the label, but this yarn is absolutely to die for!! It's really a lot more of a turquiose than the picture and is soooo soft!!







This is a Schoolhouse press KAL, the Pansy Shawl. I did my thing and modified the pattern to suit me and added beads on the wings!! It went out for an exchange on Ravelry!!








This one was for a KAL prize!! I had fun with it!! It was the Autumn Glory Shawl pattern that I got from Kay Meadors/ Natural State Knits http://naturalstateknitter.blogspot.com/ I also have a pi version called Autumn Leaf Pi Shawl that's about to become a WIP from her!!


Now I've got to get back to the "Water"!! I only have another week to finish that.


I also have a wonder pi.... Orkeny Pi from Elizabeth Lovick http://www.northernlace.co.uk/ on the needles and it's going great. I'm already up to the 3rd increase pattern!!


I have just downloaded a wonderful oval pi from the EZasPi yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EZasPi/?yguid=316812197

I've wanted to do a oval tablecloth and I think this is the perfect start!!! Whoo Hoo!! It's going on the needles soon too!! (can you tell I have knitting ADHD??)


I'm also in 5 KAL's, so I guess I've rambled on long enough!!!


I need to stop here and say a Texas size THANK YOU!!!! to my wonderful SIL who fixed my camera!!!! I don't know what I'd do without his computer skills!! Oh, yeah, I'd go and buy another camera and listen to the DH moan and groan about budgets!! LOL!! John is wonderful and I have to give my DD credit for her excellent taste in husbands!!!!

Welcome Home John!!
:D Carla

No comments: